Where oh where have I been? Well, I’ve been here… lurking. I have been working on a bunch of new blog posts. I’ve been perfecting them and then saving them to build up sort of a queue of awesome. Why? Well, to put it simply.. I have big plans.
I realized that the domain name ‘Akuhei.nu’ may be close to my heart but merely for nostalgia purposes. If I want to be serious about my cute blog, I am going to need to brand it as a whole, not just the content. The word akuhei is Japanese for dark, vile and twisted sorts of things. Obviously this is contrary to what my entire blog (and existence!) is about so I think it’s time to move on to something new but something definitely more final. There is nothing I dislike more than domain-hoppers, so to speak.
The problem (and delay) is in the name. I thought of an amazing name to move forward with but it had already been established by someone else. I have contacted this person, however, because she has not updated the site in quite some time. I have yet to hear her final answer yet, but I have asked that I take the name and move it to the next level.
Hopefully soon I shall be moving on to more levels of awesome and you guys can enjoy the next level of my cute blog. Stay tuned, I promise I’m not going anywhere other than UP!
Tags: Branding, Image
WWW | 12 Comments
I know I have made this post before, years ago, on other websites. I feel it necessary to post again though, because I’m still loving The Qbee and still wanting to make new friends on it. For those of you unfamiliar with The Qbee, it stands for “The Quilting Bee” and it’s an online pixel club that has been on the internet for 10+ years now! It has evolved to more than just pixel contests though, now it’s more of a hub of friends who like to pixel or who enjoy pixel art. Let me clear up the biggest misconception about The Qbee: You do not have to be able to pixel well to join. The only thing you have to make a pixel for really is your own member patch, and we have hundreds of free pixels and templates for you to use, so it isn’t hard. So now that you know what The Qbee is, here are five good reasons you should join it.
1. You make a ton of new friends. I have been a member for the past five years now (with about a year and a half hiatus.. life and such) and I have made so many new friends. It’s such a positive atmosphere and it’s always so much fun. I’ve never encountered any drama there but if there is drama, it gets nipped in the bud immediately. You don’t have to worry about a popularity contest, either. We are all there to have fun and make friends. We have members that are age 15 to age 60 on there too, so don’t think there is an age limit on joining!
2. It’s a lot of fun. There are always activities going on to keep the fun level up. There are activities where you can pixel an entry, share a recipe or do a sort of website “hunt”, where you find images hidden on the site. The current activity is pixelling yummy ice cream treats. Our activities that require you to submit an entry also go through a voting process, so you can win awards for your hard work.
3. We have our own social media community. Our BBS (message board) gets posted on daily, we have a chat room and we even have our own sort of Twitter that we call the “Buzz”. You can add friends to your friends list as well and follow their buzzes. There is always some way to interact with your fellow bees.
4. We have our own currency. You can earn Bee*Points by doing so many things on the website. You can then in turn use them to buy privileges on the website or customize your own avatar with clothing, hair, backgrounds, etc.. You can also purchase gifts to send to your bee friends that display in their profile!
5. We have clubs within our club. There are small clubs within the club called “Colonies”. You can initially join up to five (you can join 10 if you purchase the key from the Bee*Zar, the shop we have) and they are more specific to your own personal interests. For example, I have joined the Gamer Bee Colony because I love video games. We talk games and have activities available only to members of that colony.
As the club continues to grow it continues to change. There are big updates planned for the future and the club is always improving. If this sounds awesome to you too, please consider joining The Qbee. Hope to see you there!
(The images used in this post are freebies that are for member use only, please do not take them for your own personal use.)
Tags: Pixels, Qbee
Personal, WWW | 0 Comments
So for those of you who don’t follow me on Twitter or Facebook you might have wondered where the heck I have been! Well, my laptop screen crapped out and if it works, it works for a few hours at most. I haven’t even attempted to use it for a few weeks until now and I just couldn’t stay away any longer. Hopefully this next paycheck (the 26th!) I can just get it repaired for good.
Anyway, since I couldn’t use my precious computer, I had to find a way to occupy my free time. I pulled Skyrim for the 360 out again, blew the dust off of it, and set out to complete all of the side quests. So there it is, Skyrim stole my time.
Hopefully things will be up and running smoothly again but if I’m still in hiding, you know it’s because of Skyrim.
In other news, the winner of the June giveaway is Krissy B. from Missouri! The funny part is that she only lives about 3 hours away from me! Anyway, she should be receiving her gift card in the mail any day now. Hopefully she will let me do a feature post on her and hopefully she even GETS it (read my last post, lol!)
Tags: Giveaway, Life, Skyrim
Giveaways | 3 Comments
Unfortunately, she had given me the incorrect address (switched a ’6′ and a ’9′) and I had mailed it out by the time she had noticed. This was weeks ago and I have yet to hear back from her on whether or not she received the prize. So that makes me sad because that was $20 that went to waste! So my lovelies, if you decide to enter my current giveaway for a $20 Target gift card, please double-check your address and I will make sure to double-check it as well.
So there are only FIVE days left on my current giveaway, make sure you enter for a chance to win a $20 Target gift card!!
Tags: Giveaway, Sad